Position: Oracle Web Developer
Job type & benefits: Full-time, health and dental insurance, 401K retirement
Description: Welligent, a fast-growing Electronic Health Record (EHR) software vendor based in Norfolk, is seeking an experienced Oracle programmer to develop and support custom-developed SaaS applications. Welligent provides a comprehensive, enterprise software solution which comprises practice management, clinical, billing and reporting functions. Welligent also supports native iOS and Android apps which provide mobile solutions to our customers. Welligent works with community-based behavioral/health and human services providers in more than 30 states. Our company culture and environment has the excitement of a start-up with the intensity of a growing healthcare information technology company solving national issues. There is a pervasive sense that the work we do is making a big impact in the lives of our customers and those they serve. In addition to health, dental and 401K benefits, Welligent’s competitive perks and benefits include the potential for year-end bonus, flexible work schedule, casual office environment in an up-and-coming area of Norfolk near Old Dominion University, no dress code, Starbucks coffee and an amazing group of co-workers.
- Participate in the ongoing evolution of our existing enterprise SaaS application, to provide a better experience for end users
- Working within our existing application framework, provide creative input, expertise and technical methods
- Make a significant impact by working directly with the company and product owners, developers and other team members to improve upon an existing strong enterprise application with an extensive national user base
- Perform business and data requirements gathering and data analysis tasks
- Identify and document relevant data design, process and specification issues
- Understand business context and problems and communicate them clearly in written and oral format
- Work with the business users to understand and document functionality requirements
- Develop in Oracle PL/SQL environment using Oracle databases
- The PL/SQL developer will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, debugging, and documenting complex database objects, ensuring all modules satisfy end user requirements and business needs
- The developer will also collaborate with other technical team members to understand and develop new technical solutions.
- The developer will be involved in all areas of the of the software development lifecycle including design, build, test, deploy, and support.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Have 4+ years of Oracle development using SQL, PL/SQL, packages, procedures, functions (with 10g or 11g required)
- Strong knowledge of PL/SQL, ETL, SQL and query tuning
- Oracle 11g/12c PL/SQL, Toad, SQL PLUS, SQL Developer, or any other PL/SQL development tools
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills
- Experience with web application development
- Agile/Scrum methodology experience a plus
- Demonstrated experience with database architecture, administration, and performance tuning in a web-based application environment
- Knowledge of relational database design with Oracle database administration a plus
- Ability to work independently and solve complex software problems
- Knowledge of Healthcare IT including EHR/EMR preferred
- Experience working in a small team to build and enhance complex enterprise software applications
- Green card or US Citizenship required
- Any non-local candidates must be willing to cover any costs associated with relocation and travel to and from Norfolk, Virginia.
For more information or to submit a resume, please send to email@example.com.